About the Host - Kellen Weiss
My first exposure to functional medicine was in middle school. Seemingly overnight, I had developed crippling anxiety and OCD. This hindered my ability to function in everyday life. I bounced around from doctor to doctor, but we always ended up at the same place; picking up yet another prescription that just did not work.
We decided to look outside of the traditional medicine space and found a great mental health practitioner that started looking into my lifestyle. He assessed my diet and exercise routine. I cut sugar out of my diet, enrolled in an exercise class, and started supplementing with L-Theanine. My life was back to normal! My chiropractor, who thought in a similar manner, started mentoring me and teaching me more about functional medicine. I was hooked!
After having been in this industry, as a rep and as a patient, I soon realized that there was a big problem with the functional medicine space – networking was almost non-existent. Like-minded practitioners were not finding each other, so patient care was inconsistent from a patient-sharing standpoint. Since TRIM was developed, we have linked up dozens and dozens of like-minded practitioners from vastly different backgrounds to not only keep consistent care, educate each other, but also to expand their horizons about possible care options for their patients moving forward.
Why You Should Join Our Community
Healthcare practitioners and clinicians, you are not alone.
Since 2014, the Functional Forum has been the place where likeminded healthcare professionals have come together to learn, build their communities and enhance patient care and practice management. As a branch of the Functional Forum, our community provides a space for functional integrative healthcare professionals from all disciplines to thrive and catalyze the transformation of medicine.
Clinicians join this community so they can meet likeminded practitioners and:
- Gain trustworthy referrals
- Expand their clinical toolboxes with exclusive resources and information
- Brainstorm with peers on patient cases
- Gain access to thought leaders in the industry
- Connect with new patients
- Learn best practices for running a modern practice
Who can become a member?
This is an inclusive community of health professionals passionate about root-cause care.
- Conventionally trained practitioners interested in functional integrative medicine
- Generalists (primary care, family medicine)
- Integrative Medicine (chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists, dentists)
- Specialists (psychiatrist, pediatrician, cardiologist, etc.)
- Food focused practitioners (registered dieticians, nutritionists)
- Lifestyle medicine, precision medicine and naturopathic medicine practitioners
- Health coaches
- Medical stakeholders
- Digital health entrepreneurs
Join our community
Sponsors of Peoria, IL Functional Forum Community
- Inspiration, community and practice management solutions
- E-learning content, programs and podcast help practitioners streamline and scale their practices
- Schedule a free concierge call with our team to learn more
- Professional-grade dietary supplement brand backed by research and results
- 170+ products for a wide range of health categories, from foundational nutrition to GI health and immune support
- Register for an account today!
- Clinical programs and resources to streamline your practice
- Home of Group Visit Toolkits and much more
- Download your free copy of the latest Standard Monograph on SIBO